Thursday, September 16, 2010

best of intentions

I had such big plans for this blog.  I wanted to do a series of “imitation is the best form of flattery posts” in honor of some of my all fave blogs I’ve discovered in the past year and a half.  An apartment tour like they do on the home decor blogs or a fashion entry like all the adorable nesties on the beauty and fashion board do…but what can I say? Here’s to the best of intentions.

Here’s all I can offer you. A “before” and “after” shot courtesy of my husband who decided if you’re gonna paint one wall might as well paint them all.

We live in an ugly building. It’s a high rise; it has no character. It’s a cookie cutter. But it’s in the city (important) it’s recently remodeled and clean (super duper important) and it fits all our Ikea furniture. (also important)

It’s been a challenge to make it feel cozy. We painted most of the walls a lovely gray. But this one last wall was left behind.

We decided to take the color plunge and paint it this bold color.


We’re renters. If it sucks the lease will be up eventually.

Anyway here you go.

  

                                                   BEFORE
       

                                             AFTER


Here's another angle

                                             BEFORE




                                             and AFTER




The pictures look a bit pathetic clearly I am no 'Young House Love,'

I’m pretty sure Julie is thinking that the shelf is too high.  I think you may be right.

Oh well.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment