Thursday, September 16, 2010

perfect

Do you want to know what time it is? It's almost one o'clock in the morning. And do you wanna know where I WISH I was?  IN BED! next to my snoring, angelic husband.

And where am I? In front of a computer agonizing over a cover letter that will probably never see the light of day.

I know we haven't really talked about this but I started a new job. Not really "new" because I worked at this same place earlier this year. Here's the thing after my second day back I wanted to FAKE MY DEATH just to get out of this job. So anyway I got to thinking the only way I could really get out of this job and not feel like crap for being a quitter would be if I got another job offer for the perfect job.

Ha! Fat chance I know.

But I actually got on the computer and did a  little search for jobs. I can't remember the last time I actually even went on one of those job websites. They get depressing after awhile because you realize all the jobs out there suck so you become content in working your stay-at-home job that has nothing to do with your career.

So anyway there it was-the perfect job for me. p.e.r.f.e.c.t. has my name written all over it. 

And I applied right away on the "official" company website which means I wasted a good two hours of my life because ain't nobody gonna get hired for this job that applied through the "official" company website. 

And so now I scheme. How do I get my resume to be seen at the perfect job. You gotta go straight to the top-the big dog-the boss. I found a name. Problem.  I do not have an email address. I have a good guess of this person's email. I shall try.

But wait-this is not enough of an effort for perfect job. I must do more. I don't have much options here. Do I send through snail mail? Does anyone even send their resume in the mail. I am sure the assistant to big boss will intercept my resume and cover letter I have painstakingly agonized over and THROW IT AWAY. big boss can't be bothered with this.

I don't think this story is going to end well. I'm pretty certain how this will turn out. I will not get p.e.r.f.e.c.t. job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment