Sunday, January 4, 2015

Bury the lede

So I totally snuck that snippet of news that we are expecting at the end of my last post.

…you know, my last post that was a zillion years ago.

What can I say? Sometimes it's hard to keep up and get to this little space of the internet to document and reflect. I had so many plans for this little diary of mine and hopes of documenting this pregnancy but alas, here we are at 28 weeks   THIRTY THREE WEEKS and I have yet to take one weekly bump shot. 

It makes me a bit sad because I truly think this second time around warrants so much more. Going into this knowing what I know now is such a different experience. There is relief, because no matter what, I will never be that first time mom ever again. Between you and me being a first time mom kinda sucked. All the worrying I did. Not that I won't worry or still don't constantly worry. Worry and doubt run through my veins and I'm not naive enough to think that this second time will be a breeze or assume this second experience will be just like my first experience with Buttercup but there is some comfort knowing that I've gone through this before.

Already, this little baby has been such a different experience from Buttercup in so many ways.

It took us waaay longer to get pregnant this time. And once I got pregnant it just felt different. First of all, I was hungry ALL THE TIME!!!  It seemed out of control. I'd wake up hungry, I'd get up in the middle of the night to eat, just hungry all the time! I definitely don't remember feeling this way with BC. I also feel more tired and just more blah this time around. Other differences? Wild and crazy dreams. Oh good lord. Thank God they finally subsided because those dreams weirded me out!

And maybe it all makes sense it feels different this time around because we are having a boy! A boy! I won't lie. I might have been a little shocked when I saw those blue balloons come out of that box. (Sorry there isn't actually a good photo of said blue balloons coming out of the box)



Sure, I knew it was a 50/50 chance we'd have a boy but I'm just so used to girls! I grew up with sisters. I've got all these cute girl clothes all ready to go! Who will be Buttercup's maid-of-honor? This means one day I might have a daughter-in-law which means I will turn into a monster-in-law despite all my efforts to be a normal human being. But everyone tells me I have no idea how wonderful the mother-son relationship is. And I believe them. I do. Forget about Elsa and Ana.

So I've got seven weeks left-give or take. And I am freaking the heck out. I've been nursing a cold that has lasted 24 days. I feel pretty confident that I never fully recovered from my first cold and just got another cold circa day 21 because my symptoms started back up again. Which sucks but I'm pushing through. This baby will be here before you know it. And I've decided that in addition to getting ready for baby, I must finish several projects around the house. Which hopefully one day I will share here. One day...

But for now I'll leave you with this photo "project"to announce our pregnancy with friends and family.  Naturally, my desire for this photo project drove everyone around me crazy. I knew I wanted to do another play on the "bun in the oven" theme like we did the first time. And so help me, I was going to make it happen even if my husband wanted to kill me.

our first bun in the oven photo







No comments:

Post a Comment