Saturday, October 23, 2010

hired but kinda wishing I get fired....

In high school I had a teacher read my palm. I can't remember her name to save my  life. I think she taught psychology or was it social studies...  I remember she had the lyrics to the Eagles on her wall, "Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy...."

CLEARLY, I went to a very serious and studious high school.

It was one of those lazy afternoons when you know you're supposed to be working in groups or independent study i.e. teacher reads students palms.

I remember this so vividly she said something along the lines of you'll have a job but it won't be the center of your life-you'll work but your family and friends will be more important.

Well here I am a good 14 years later and thinking crazy Eagle-loving psych 101 teacher knew what she was talking about.

Maybe I'm making excuses and selling out and maybe I just haven't found the right career but I think it's darn clear that I'm not in the right job.

It's not that I don't like to work. I like leaving the house and actually putting on make-up and I like walking to the train station with all the other "workers" but I hate how quality of life goes out the window once you're on payroll.

I believe balance is the key to happiness. You know ying and yang. But there's no ying and yang in sight.

It's not eight hours. It's ten plus hours. It's not five days a weeks. It's now two Saturdays in a row where I've had to work. 

Working out-out the window. Back in August,  Jillian and her 30-day shred and I had a date everyday. I FEEL the jeans starting to get tighter. sigh.

And I worry so much. The tension in my neck is so thick I think I'm developing a permament lump. I'm so friggin tired but can't sleep because I'm so stressed out.

Why does it have to be all or nothing. Why is it so hard to find a job you enjoy and earn an honest living and can still have a life?

1 comment:

  1. it was something like doc hundamermemrermermer or something really hard to spell

    ReplyDelete