Friday, January 14, 2011

Normal...is a good thing

Let's just say it's been a tumultuous start to the New Year. But things are finally starting to feel...normal and normal is my new favorite word.

It's been a good month since I've been on the medicine that replaces the hormones that my thyroid used to produce and so I went to the doctor's this week to go over the blood work to see how my body was responding. Test results: NORMAL.  And normal is good.

I feel such a sense of relief. I know that it's only been a month and there's plenty of time for things to get all screwy but I'm grateful that for the most part the surgery went well. I don't feel totally weird or tired like I was convinced I was going to.

The scar is..well what can I say. It's not as bad as some of the really scary pictures I saw out there on the web that totally freaked me out but it's still the first thing I see when I look in the mirror.

My butt finally got on a treadmill yesterday and after my sister shamed me in how bad I looked when I went to go visit her in Boston (let's just say the last thing you're thinking about is what the heck your hair looks like or make-up when your world is packed in plastic garbage bags and you just found out your sister got hit by a car) I finally dug out my contacts and whipped out the eye lash curler and mascara and wow, what a difference.

My apartment is starting to feel like my home again instead of my arch enemy. I even baked brownies last night for the hubs.

Yes, I'll very happily take normal. I love normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment