Friday, January 21, 2011

you made your bed, now sleep in it

Somehow we ended up with a two thousand dollar mattress.

Mind you..this is only because my parents are crazy. Because I know I NEVER could've gotten my husband to agree to spend two grand on a mattress.

Last year my parents bought a new mattress-this really nice QUEEN size mattress. Mind you..they've been sleeping on a KING size mattress for..oh I don't know..fifteen years or so...

They couldn't deal sleeping on "such a small bed" and that's a direct quote from them. 

I gave them a hard time. You guys are married-it's okay to snuggle.

Nope-my Dad with a total dead serious look tells me he was afraid of falling off the bed.

This tickles my fancy because it totally goes to show you how we are such creatures of habit.

It's not like they're big people. Not tall-not overweight. They should be fine in a queen size bed.

They tried it out for a few months and were so miserable they sucked up the cost and went out and bought a new KING size bed.

Luckily for us, they were feeling generous and we needed a bed so they gave us the queen size "too small for them" bed.

But here's the irony of it all...I was down in Maryland my parents had already gone to bed. I left something in their bathroom and tiptoed through their bedroom.

There they were...all snuggled together in the MIDDLE OF THE BED. 

How could my Dad be afraid of falling off the bed when he sleeps in the middle of the mattress spooning my Mother??

But I'm not saying a word...I am enjoying my tempur-pedic mattress.

No comments:

Post a Comment