Sunday, November 21, 2010

She works hard for her money and THEY DON'T TREAT HER RIGHT

I have been on the road for the past three days for work. We are finally shooting a story that I've been workng on since I started this gig back in September. Three days doesn't seem like long, but when you've only had three to four hours of sleep max every night for the past five days and call times at five in the morning...BREAK DOWNS HAPPEN.

If I wasn't so exhausted I could write blog after blog about how M.I.S.E.R.A.B.LE. shooting for this show is, how disenfranchised I feel about my career, this job and the joys of dealing with cranky jerks and next time you scream, "tape change" and look at me like i'm not moving fast enough I may go ape on your a$%.

But I am tired and it's only midnight so I might get more than five hours of sleep if I hurry up. But I wanted to share with you (um my sole reader) what a pelican brief is.



First time my annoying crew told me to grab something from the pelican brief I was like, whatcha talking about willis? I guess it makes sense. pelican..travel....equipment.

But anyway I'm not too concerned about saving the equipment I'm more concerned about my poor hands.

My fingers are raw, RAW I TELL YOU!  do you have any idea how hard it is to open and close these things? Do you know how many nails I've broken? And no I'm not a "oh  my god I broke a nail kinda girl" but opening and closing these things break my nails in ways that are painful and NOT normal. My hands are painfully raw.

So I challenge you, my only reader, go find yourself a pelican brief and try to open and close it a few times and maybe you'll see why I HATE THIS JOB!

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought a pelican brief was just a John Grisham novel...adapted for the silver screen and starring Julia Roberts.

    ReplyDelete