Wednesday, February 2, 2011

All About Oprah

So I am all up Oprah's arse lately. It's sad but I feel like I just discovered Oprah which is unfortunate since this is her farewell season. But I've never really had the chance to be around a television at 4 in the afternoon.

Anyway, last week Oprah had this episode on Happiness and she and Goldie Hawn were adamant about the one thing you could do to become a happier person. Taking a moment of silence or meditating or breathing or whatever you wanna call it. I think they said that people who do this for 20 minutes a day are happier but Oprah said that even taking ONE minute would work wonders.

It seems simple enough and if Oprah said it..it must be true, right?

So, yesterday was the first of February and since January was a big ole' mess I decided February 1st would be my new start so to speak and I said I would start with my minute a day routine yesterday.

24 hours came and went and I couldn't find 60 seconds to improve my well-being. Big fail on my part. But there's always tomorrow right. So this morning before anything else I did my minute.

I admit I felt a lil' dorky and kept thinking am I doing this right along with a whole slew of other things. The mind sure can wander folks. But it was simple enough and so I'm gonna try to stick with it.

We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment