Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Motivate Me

I blame this all on you, Julie ...and Christy too. But mainly Julie because we had a whole conversation this morning about the Nook versus the Kindle because Christy (sister) wants a Kindle for Christmas.

Julie, of course has a strong opinion on the debate. "Kindle all the way!" she proclaims. I, just to annoy her made her defend all her reasons why Kindle was better. Her response? She basically told me to shove it and that the Kindle was better JUST BECAUSE.

I'm disappointed Jules that you didn't list the Kindle commercials as a reason why Kindle is better. I would've accepted that answer because I DO love the commercials.




Click here to watch Kindle Commercial but you are required to sing-along


I especially love it when my husband sings along. (You would have to know him and have heard his voice...think Gloria from Modern Family hilarious/The Godfather raspiness mixed with a little Brooklyn now imagine him singing "will you fly me awaay")

Anyway, all day today I've been using the words from the Good Charlotte song "Motivation Proclamation" circa 2000 to try to get my butt into gear. And yes, Good Charlotte waay before Nicole Richie-I'm talking WALDORF, Maryland baby. (DON'T JUDGE)

I'm in this weird limbo. I haven't gone back to work at my freelance job.

To be honest, I don't even know if they WANT me back or if I want to even go  back. I want so badly to be an editor and not a producer and I know in order to do that I need to friggin practice editing but do I do it? NO!

Back when I was working and coming home at 9 every night I said it was because of the job but I've had all day today to try to edit together a fun montage from our European vacation and instead I become fascinated with the KINDLE COMMERCIAL and all the adorable and oh-so- creative stop motion videos out there! (because of YOU Julie!)

And now I'm writing this blog because I HAVE to share. OMG! People are so friggin talented it makes me sick! I love the wedding industry I really do. I can say that now that I am not planning or saving money for my own wedding. But seriously, I love all the creative and pretty stuff out there.

Check out this Save the Date video from  Blue Lotus Company  



Big shout out to them because these talented sisters designed my wedding invitations. But isn't that just darling?

But there's even more! Check out the video on Trent Bailey's website. What a great engagement shoot. I loved the XOXO balloons! And how nice to have a little video of it you know.

But this is me screaming to my computer, "I CAN SHOOT VIDEO, I CAN EDIT! I just can't seem to get myself out of this bed!" (back to Good Charlotte honey-keep up)

And it's not just weddings, it's families and precious moments and I am one big sap that eats this kind of stuff up.  Ok, I'll only share one more.

This one is from Plemon Studios and it's a little stop motion video documenting the birth of their baby. 
Awww, right?

Anyway, I'm telling myself that the last couple hours spent checking out other people's talented work will motivate and inspire!

At the very least I maybe got Julie to go listen to GC!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I have heard the nook is good and it has color, I'm sure the kindle will get color eventually too but since they just put out the 3rd gen of the kindle a few months ago, I'm don't want to wait for them to release a color version. I never buy books from b&n and I LOVE amazon. so for me there was no contest!! All of my research tells me theyre all good, so just pick the one that suits you best. But if we all get kindle, we can share books!!

    do they have editing internships?

    why dont you put together some videos for this blog? I do believe you promised us a house tour

    ReplyDelete