Saturday, December 4, 2010

You've Got Mail

Yesterday we received our first Christmas card of the season and it totally made my day.

(Of course it's from my good friend, Ginny but then of course I would expect nothing less from Ginny) 

I LOVE getting Christmas cards. I think there's something so festive and romantic about getting a holiday card in the mail.

Knowing that I was going to be stuck in the house after my surgery I made a quick run last week to buy some Christmas cards to send during my recovery but then I made the mistake of spending a good hour on the computer looking at some of the adorable and creative holiday cards out there and kinda regret my purchases.

These are some of my favorites:

From  Snow & Graham




I totally dig the whole aqua blue and brown thing.


And for those of you (ahem Julie) that love the aqua blue and red combo....


And what is it about birds!! love the cute birds. This is from etsy seller Monkey Mind Design



I especially love city holiday scenes. I remember visiting my then boyfriend now husband during December during our several years of long distance and thinking there is no better place to feel the holidays than in New York.

It's walking past the Christmas tree stands and all the beautifully decorated store fronts that really puts you in the mood.



This is from etsy seller sancynam



And one more from Snow & Graham





Now as the girl that has been married for a good two years now but faithfully loves to check out wedding photos and engagement photos from photographer's blogs I think there's nothing better than putting to good use those beautiful e-pics in a holiday card. Like these from Tiny Prints


 


But my all time FAVORITE photo holiday card is THIS one. 




Totally adorable,  totally creative and TOTALLY wanted to COPY.

(I'm not sure if everyone would agree but I believe that imitation is the best form of flattery and I would've totally been a copy cat if my work schedule and surgery hadn't gotten in the way and I guess more importantly if  I could've gotten my husband to cooperate)

Anyway check out the blog. This is actually their Christmas card from last year and I'm eagerly awaiting to see what they came up for this year.

Anyway...HAPPY HOLIDAYS...I'm about to put on some Alvin and Chipmunks Christmas carols on  and try to be content as I send out my 40% off Christmas card I found at the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, totally flattered! I'm glad people are enjoying our cards as much as we enjoy thinking them up. I'm so antsy to post this year's card and have been sitting on it for close to a month now but really want everyone to receive it in the mail before it gets posted online. If only I hadn't run out of stamps...

    ReplyDelete